Error when Entering Shibboleth UserName Header Value

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Immediately after entering HTTP_EPPN and clickign the Shibboleth UserName button in step 6 of the documentation, I get the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'DotNetNuke.Membership.DataProvider, Version=5.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DotNetNuke.Membership.DataProvider, Version=5.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Every subsequent access to the website causes this error. I am running DNN 7.0.4 and Shibboleth 1.0.7.

Nathan
Coordinator
Mar 8, 2013 at 6:31 PM

HI Nathan,

I have not yet tested it in DNN 7 but I’ll do that within the next couple of days and let you know if there are any issues.

Cheryl

Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2013 5:29 PM
To: Bearden,Cheryl L
Subject: Error when Entering Shibboleth UserName Header Value [dnnShibAuthProvider:435821]

Immediately after entering HTTP_EPPN and clickign the Shibboleth UserName button in step 6 of the documentation, I get the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'DotNetNuke.Membership.DataProvider, Version=5.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DotNetNuke.Membership.DataProvider, Version=5.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Every subsequent access to the website causes this error. I am running DNN 7.0.4 and Shibboleth 1.0.7.

Nathan

Apr 24, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Hi

Has this been check out with DNN 7.0+?

Thanks

Bill
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I am working on a new release now which will be DNN 7.0+ compatible.
Apr 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM
I would be happy to test again when you have the new release ready. Thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Hi Bill,

No but I am working on a new DNN release which will be DNN 7 tested adn should be out early next week.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Ok, great, I’ll let you help me test when it’s ready.

Coordinator
May 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I have a new version of the Shib provider working for DNN version 7 now. I’m going to recompile it back in version 6, since that is when the code that changed was deprecated, and then it should be ready for you to test.

Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:52 AM
To: '[email removed]'
Subject: RE: Error when Entering Shibboleth UserName Header Value [dnnShibAuthProvider:435821]

Ok, great, I’ll let you help me test when it’s ready.

Coordinator
May 7, 2013 at 6:06 PM

A new release is working in DNN 7 now and will be up on Codeplex soon.

May 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I installed 1.00.09 on a new install of DNN 7.00.06. When I edit the Shibboleth_Authentication extension I get the following error as soon as I go into edit mode:

Error: is currently unavailable. DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: input ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: input at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.IsMatch(String input) at DotNetNuke.Services.Log.EventLog.DBLoggingProvider.AddLogTypeConfigInfo(String id, Boolean loggingIsActive, String logTypeKey, String logTypePortalID, String keepMostRecent, String logFileName, Boolean emailNotificationIsActive, String threshold, String thresholdTime, String thresholdTimeType, String mailFromAddress, String mailToAddress) at DotNetNuke.Services.Log.EventLog.LogController.AddLogTypeConfigInfo(LogTypeConfigInfo logTypeConfig) at UF.Research.Authentication.Shibboleth.Settings.AddShibLogTypes() at UF.Research.Authentication.Shibboleth.Settings.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Nothing shows in the logout and login dropdown lists until I click the Update Authentication Settings button. I then get this error:

Error: is currently unavailable. DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value) at UF.Research.Authentication.Shibboleth.Settings.UpdateSettings() --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

The only header variable I can map in the module is the UserName Variable. The rest of the options are not available to edit and the Shibboleth Enabled? checkbox is greyed out even though I checked that box in the extension settings.

Nathan
Coordinator
May 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the feedback. I believe you are getting this error because some options need to be set for the Shibboleth provider on the Admin\Extensions page before you go to the RoleMappings page. If you do things out of sequence, this error can result, but I apologize, I'll try to do an update to make the code more robust. In the meantime, after making sure to setup the LoginPage with the AccountLogin module, and the LogoutPage, and making both pages available to all users, then go ahead and go back to the Admin\Extensions page. Make sure that Shibboleth Enabled is checked. I also always check AutoCreate Users, and SynchronizeRoles. Then set the Logout and Login pages correctly to the pages you just created. Then leave Simulate Login unchecked. Then set the Cookie Expiration Seconds to 30 (or whatever you want). Then click the Update Authentication Settings. Then your RoleMappings page should work ok. If you don't set the Admin\Extensions Settings first, and then try to go to RoleMappings, when you come back to the Admin Page you may get an error. Just go ahead and set your values as described above and click Update Authentication Settings and your error should go away. I'll update the code to make it more robust, but this solution should get you going in the meantime. Thanks for testing!

Cheryl

Coordinator
May 20, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Hi Nathan,

I have a new release for you to test with. It should be up on Codeplex tomorrow.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:21 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: RE: Error when Entering Shibboleth UserName Header Value [dnnShibAuthProvider:435821]

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the feedback. I believe you are getting this error because some options need to be set for the Shibboleth provider on the Admin\Extensions page before you go to the RoleMappings page. If you do things out of sequence, this error can result, but I apologize, I'll try to do an update to make the code more robust. In the meantime, after making sure to setup the LoginPage with the AccountLogin module, and the LogoutPage, and making both pages available to all users, then go ahead and go back to the Admin\Extensions page. Make sure that Shibboleth Enabled is checked. I also always check AutoCreate Users, and SynchronizeRoles. Then set the Logout and Login pages correctly to the pages you just created. Then leave Simulate Login unchecked. Then set the Cookie Expiration Seconds to 30 (or whatever you want). Then click the Update Authentication Settings. Then your RoleMappings page should work ok. If you don't set the Admin\Extensions Settings first, and then try to go to RoleMappings, when you come back to the Admin Page you may get an error. Just go ahead and set your values as described above and click Update Authentication Settings and your error should go away. I'll update the code to make it more robust, but this solution should get you going in the meantime. Thanks for testing!

Cheryl

Coordinator
May 22, 2013 at 2:40 AM

HI Nathan,

Ok, there is a new release of the Shibboleth provider that works with DNN 7.0.4 forward ready for testing. Thanks for testing.

Cheryl

Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2013 10:01 PM

Hi Nathan,

I have a new release for you to test with. It should be up on Codeplex tomorrow.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:21 AM

Hi Nathan,

Cheryl